Today’s recipes are the side dishes that help put the finishing touches on a great Thanksgiving meal. Below is one of the recipes I posted on my other blog 2 Sweet Obsession as well as a link to the full post.
Aunt Deb’s Cranberry-Orange Sauce
PREP TIME: 1 HOUR MAKES: 8 SERVINGS
- 1 bag (12 0z.) of fresh cranberries
- 1 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp of finely shredded orange peel
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- In a non-reactive 4 quart saucepan mix cranberries, sugar, orange peel, water and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium-low heat stirring frequently until the jiuces start to flow and sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium and let simmer for 6 – 8 minutes longer, stirring occasionally until the cranberries pop.
- Stir in the orange juice.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until cooled.
For the complete post from 2 Sweet Obsession click here.
- Something Good With Cranberries (forestgardenblog.wordpress.com)
- Fresh Cranberry Sauce (traveledeats.wordpress.com)
- Cranberry-Orange Relish (nanasneapolitankitchen.wordpress.com)
- cranberry chutney to put that ZING in thanksgiving (culinariaeugenius.wordpress.com)
- A sauce that’s a bit Thanksgiving, a bit Hanukkah (dailyherald.com)